If you have an npm user account, you can convert your user account to an Org. When you convert your user account to an Org, we will:
- Create a new Org with the name of your user account.
- Prompt you to create a new npm user account. We recommend choosing a variation of your old user name so collaborators will recognize you. For example, if your old username was “wombat”, your new username might be “wombat-new”.
- Make your your new npm user account an owner of your new Org.
- Add your new npm user account to a team called “Developers” in your new Org.
- Transfer packages owned by your user account to your new Org.
- Transfer your existing Org and team memberships and contributor access settings to your new user account.
Note: Once your old user account has been converted to an Org, you will no longer be able to sign in to npm with your old user account.
- Log in to npm with your user account.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click your profile picture, then click Create an Organization.
- Below the account creation form, click Convert.
- Review the account conversion steps and click Continue.
- On the new user account creation page, in the “Username” field, type the name of your new user account, then click Submit.
- On the plan selection page, select either the “Unlimited private packages” paid plan or the “Unlimited public packages” free plan, then click Buy or Create.
- If you selected a paid Orgs plan, in the payment dialog, provide the email, name, address, and credit card information for the card that will be used to pay for the Org.