Note: This article only applies to users of the public npm registry.
As an Org owner, you can upgrade your free Org plan to a paid plan to give Org members the ability to install and publish private packages. For more information about our Org pricing plans, see the “npm Orgs” section of our pricing page.
If you have an Organization with a private packages plan, your Organization will cost you seven (7) dollars a month per user. The $7 charge is a flat fee for any member of the Organization even if the teams the member belongs do not have access to private packages
Newly added members to an Organization are always billed during the next billing cycle. For more information, see “Adding members to your Org”.
Note: Your paid plan and billing cycle will start when you submit your credit card information, and you will be charged for the first month immediately.
- Log in to npm with your user account.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click your profile picture, then click Profile Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click the name of the Org you want to upgrade.
- On the Org settings page, click Billing.
- Under “change plan”, click Upgrade Plan ($7/User).
- Under “Want to upgrade?”, click Enable Private Publishing for $7/mo.
- In the billing information dialog box, type billing information:
- Email: the email address used for the billing contact
- Name: the name on the credit card used to pay for the Org plan
- Street, City, ZIP Code, Country: the billing address associated with the credit card used to pay for the Org
- Click Payment Info.
- In the credit information dialog box, type your credit card number, expiration date, and CVC, and, if you want your credit card information to be saved, select “Remember me”.
- Click Pay $monthly-amount. “monthly-amount” will be the number of members in your Org multiplied by $7.